The Wajir Peace and Development Agency is a centre of excellence for conflict resolution and peace building. The Agency has successfully promoted its home-grown model, which has internationally become recognised as a best practice model in peace building. In furtherance of this noble cause, the founders of Wajir Peace and Development Agency, in collaboration with the community leaders of Wajir, jointly resolved to establish a university that will cater to the needs of the community and offer a range of academic degrees.
Overall Objective of the Consultancy
The overall objective of this consultancy is to support the Board of Trustees of the proposed Wajir Peace University by preparing a complete project document to be used as a comprehensive guide to establish the University, as well as a resource mobilization strategy.
The consultancy is to be completed within three months after signing the contract.
The consultancy team must demonstrate the following skills
- Proven knowledge of the Kenyan tertiary education system
- Minimum 10 years experience in lecturing at a Kenyan university, with at least 5 years in a management level
- Proven knowledge of legal requirements for setting up and operating a university in Kenya
- Experience in fulfilling similar mandates
- Deep understanding of Northern Kenya in terms of livelihoods, culture and environment
- Minimum 5 years experience in fundraising
- Track record of creative abilities for successful resource mobilization. Have contacts with a wide range of donors, both nationally and internationally.
Please contact email@example.com to receive the full terms of reference for this local consultancy.
Application deadline is 25 October 2013.